Sacred Heart Parish is one of the most popular churches for weddings and baptisms in Cebu. Fred and I even planned of getting married here but for some reasons, we ended marrying at Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral. So for our babies’ baptisms, we really made sure one of them should be baptized here. Our first-born Louise was baptized at Our Lady of Lourdes at Punta Princesa because it’s more accessible from our home and from the reception venue that we’ve chosen. And now for our second child Martina, we prepared early and planned ahead so that even though we didn’t have the luxury of time for the processing, we could still make it.
Compared to other churches, Sacred Heart Parish has more requirements, see below:
- Documents needed:
- Photocopy of child’s Birth Certificate
- Completed Baptismal Application Form signed by the parent(s) of the child to be baptized
- Written permission from your parish
- To ensure that the godparent is a Catholic as per Canon Law, a photocopy of baptismal certificate of at least (1) godparent is needed.
- Attend Pre-Jordan Seminar which is held every Friday, 7-8 PM at St. Francis Xavier Chapel.
- Parents and one pair of godparents are required to attend the Pre-Jordan Seminar except if they have had already two (2) previous children baptized at Sacred Heart Parish.
- For Regular/Group Baptism
- Schedule: Sundays only at 10:00 AM and 4:00PM
- Offering: Php300 with 1 pair of godparents. In excess, an additional Php100 per godparent will be asked.
- For Single Baptism:
- Schedule: ANY day, provide your own priest. The priest’s stipend is given to him by the parents.
- Offering: Php1000 with additional 100 per godparent.
- Provide your own candle for godparents.
- A donation is expected to cover electricity and maintenance costs.
Sacred Heart Parish is not strict when it comes to clothing of the baby to be baptized. Any color will do. So for Martina, I just bought an off-white dress and made her a tutu dress set as her separate attire for the reception.
Our Photos During Baptism
Sacred Heart Parish Details
Contact Number: 253-6479 / Fax: 255-6336
Address: 242 D. Jakosalem St., Cebu City
Let’s stay connected, please follow Iway Diaries on: