Disclaimer: This article contain sponsored link.
We’ve been wanting to visit Cebu Safari and Adventure Park since the start of its Pre-Opening Preview this year but we decided to delay it and wait for my sister and her family because you know what they say, the more, the merrier! When we finally had the date of my sister’s arrival, I booked a reservation by emailing email@example.com (date and name/age of guests) for our June 24 adventure.
To go to the park, you need a reliable car and if possible, start your travel early. Originally, we planned to depart at 6:00 AM so we can arrive before 9:00 AM but as expected, it wasn’t that easy as we’re travelling with kids. Relate? Anyway, we departed at 8:00 AM, arrived in Carmen around 9:30 AM and stopover at Jollibee for some heavy breakfast. After countless “Are we there yet?” questions from my 5-year old daughter, we finally arrived at Cebu Safari at 10:30 AM but we started our journey around 11:00 AM na. Why?
Let’s just say from purchasing tickets, to pictorial, to pee breaks and then running around with the kids to get them ready for the quick orientation, all lasted for around 30 minutes! By the way, here are the prices we paid:
- Php 800 for adults (discounts for senior citizen and PWD are available)
- Php 800 for those 3 ft. and above
- Php 400 (50% off) for kids 2-3 ft. tall
- FREE (kids below 2ft)
Here are some of the things to expect and some tips as well:
- After the quick talk at the briefing area, you’ll all be requested to ride on their shuttle and stop at Michelle’s Garden. Not sure if it’s the first stop for all but our kids did not enjoy the place much (they’re excited to see the animals!) so we went to the Base Camp (just beside Michelle’s Garden) and waited for another ride.
- Bring refillable water bottles (not the plastic ones as they’re not allowed) to keep you hydrated.
- No need to bring snacks inside the Safari, just make sure you eat a heavy breakfast before starting your journey. Anyway, the amount you paid already included one lunch meal per person. Also, there are several areas where refreshments and snacks can be bought.
- Wear comfortable clothes, bring towels and hats as well because it will be a sweaty and a bit tiring adventure. Of course, it’s fun but trust me, if you’re with kids, it’s never 100% fun.
- Bring extra clothes. Remember that after checking all the attractions, home is still far from the park. For us, we ended our journey at around 3:00 PM and arrived in Cebu City around 5:30 PM. Thank goodness we brought extra clothing because our kids were still energetic so we decided to watch Incredibles 2 in SM City Cebu.
- Let your kids fully feel the adventure by giving them the map and if you have enough time, let them decide where to go next.
- There’s a ride in every attraction but expect for moments where you still have to wait. If you can’t wait then feel free to walk, every attraction is at a walking distance anyway.
If you want to know the schedule we had that day, check out below:
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM – Michelle’s Garden then we opt straight to African Savanna because kids wanted to see Zebras na, etc. On our way down for our lunch, we saw the hyena and Giraffe as well. We didn’t make a stopover though because we were hungry na.
- 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM – Lunch and toilet breaks
- 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM – From lunch, we went straight to the Tiger Turf as we wanted to see the White Tiger. Schedule of viewing that day was 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM and then 12:00 to 2:00 PM. On our way to the tiger turf, we’re able to see other animals, like the kangaroo, deer, etc. After the white tiger, we waited for a couple of minutes to see the orange tiger. During this time, we let the kids relax by buying them some gelato ice cream which is available in the area.
- 2:15 – 3:00 PM – Orangutown was our next stop, then the swans and then the birds in Aviary Dome. We just walked to see these attractions till we arrived back in the base camp.
- 3:15 – Wrap up and we’re ready to go home.
To be honest, our itinerary is not one of the best but we have 4 little children with us and considering we were able to visit every attraction without dealing with tantrums, we could say our trip was a success! Overall, the place was amazing and we’ll definitely go back once they have the Lion (Louise was expecting it by the way because of the image on their map) and other facilities like the pool (we saw a pool during our visit but not finish yet).
Here’s a video covering the highlights of our trip, enjoy watching! And don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel!
Let’s stay connected, please follow Iway Diaries on: